2nd Scientific Conference
The UNCCD 2nd scientific conference was held during the third special session of the Committee on Science and Technology from 9 to 12 April 2013 in Bonn, Germany, on the theme “Economic Assessment of desertification, sustainable land management and resilience of arid, semi-arid and dry sub-humid areas”.
The conference was organized by the Global Risk Forum (GRF) Davos under the guidance of the Bureau of the CST. At least 350 participants are estimated to have taken part in the 2nd Scientific Conference, of which as many as 190 were independent scientists, in addition to 15 special guests and keynote/plenary speakers, 21 side-event or exhibition organizers, 16 media representatives, 22 NGO/IGOs, and over 20 members of other United Nations entities.
- White Paper I “Economic and social impacts of desertification/land degradation and drought (DLDD)”
- White Paper II “Costs and benefits of policies and practices addressing land degradation and drought in the drylands”
- Background document “The economics of desertification, land degradation and drought: methodologies and analysis for decision making.”
- Final outcome of the UNCCD 2nd Scientific Conference (and Corrigendum)
- Special Issue on Desertification, GRF Davos e-journal Planet@Risk.
Related COP Decisions
- Decision 21/COP.11