Fund your SLM project
Funding and realizing your project is never easy. It requires the involvement of organizations and individuals supporting you in the implementation, and the involvement, support and understanding of organizations and individuals providing you with the necessary funds. Following the steps below can help you address this in a structured way.
1. Plan your project
Plan your project carefully and provide clear and sufficient information about your project to your potential donors. Outline your fundraising objective, strategy and plan.
Your project plan needs to answer questions like:
- What is the main issue your organization deals with?
- What is the main problem you are trying to solve?
- Why does the project need to be done?
- What are the expected outcomes?
- What is the project’s impact on society?
- Who will benefit from your project?
- What relevant activities do you plan to organize to ensure your project succeeds?
- What are the project’s budget and expected financial returns?
- What are your financial needs to successfully implement your project?
- How you will manage the funds you raise?
- How will the collected funds be used?
A key element to always keep in mind is transparency. Donors, be they organizations or individuals, provide funds to organizations and projects that offer a transparent management of the financial resources. Being transparent in the intended outcomes of your project shows your commitment to the community.
2. Design a strategy to collect funding
Choose the methods of fund raising you will utilize.
Understand what the grant makers will be looking for.
- What is their mission and vision?
- What are their institutional priorities?
Write your application for funding, which explains to the potential donor what you are planning to do and how your project fits in with the grant makers goals.
Develop and maintain a relationship with donors and potential donors. No matter what the outcome of your application, keep up the relationship with the grant maker, enhancing your chances of success in the future.
3. Promote your ideas using all available channels
Once you have a clear outline of what you want to do and how you plan to do it, it is time to promote your ideas using all available channels
Do you want your organization listed on the donations section of the UNCCD Capacity Building Marketplace?
Please fill out one of the forms below, save a copy for your records and send it to the Marketplace
Note: The form needs to be resubmitted every six months in order for the listing on the Capacity Building Marketplace to remain published.