Apply before the end of August: Engineer in Remote Sensing for crop water stress
The Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) Department of the Research and Technology Organization (RTO) is offering an engineering position in using Earth Observation (EO) data for crop water stress management.
The candidate will work in an interdisciplinary team which aims to assess the feasibility of using the three evapotranspiration/water stress algorithms for irrigation scheduling. The successful candidate will support the team in the implementation of algorithms for assessing crop water requirement and crop water stress.
- MSc in environmental remote sensing, geosciences, environmental sciences, physical geography, applied physics or other relevant scientific discipline
- Advanced skills in optical reflective and thermal infrared remote sensing
- Advanced skills in image processing software and programming
- Proficient spoken and written knowledge of English is mandatory
- Proficiency of at least one of the official languages of the country is an asset (French, German or Luxembourgish)