Apply for the WWF Reforestation Grants
EFN’s Reforestation Grant Program focuses on supporting communities in regaining ecological integrity and enhancing human wellbeing in deforested and degraded landscapes through forest restoration.
EFN is looking for organizations that will use this workshop opportunity to connect corridors, create buffer zones, improve degraded lands, restore watersheds, and expand forest cover while also allowing local stakeholders to connect with nature and become a vested part of a larger conservation program.
To be eligible for a Reforestation Grant, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Your organization must be legally registered in an eligible country.
- Your organization must have a bank account.
- Your organization must conduct reforestation/restoration activities in a WWF-US priority area.
- Your organization must submit all required documents by the application deadline below.
- Your organization must complete all grant activities (including planting) before August 31, 2020.
- The proposed project must include an active learning, practical skill component, or field-based learning activity that builds skills and knowledge for local stakeholders as part of the project activities.
Priority is given to local organizations that:
- Plant large numbers of trees (8,000+)
- Conduct cost effective, native tree planting activities
- Focus on wildlife and WWF priority species (including tigers, forest elephants, and sloths)