Attend summer school on Land in the City
The Humboldt-University is offering a four-week long summer school on urban planning, ecological, environmental, cultural and agricultural topics based in Berlin, Germany. The course will be focused on topics related to how can greenery and gardens fit into today´s concept of smart, clean, compact, and global cities in the age of climate change and mega urbanization, urban agriculture or how cities can be sustainably developed to be greener and more resilient.
Participants will learn about the following:
- Different techniques to protect and create green spaces, in order to identify the interdisciplinary character of welfare effects on urban life;
- Institutional conditions of green infrastructure in urban planning processes and the ecological, economic and social benefits of green infrastructure;
- Different ways to cultivate and process agricultural products for food security and income-earning reasons in cities by applying new and traditional production methods;
- Strategies for mitigation and adaptation to climate change in order to decrease greenhouse gas and the urban heat island (UHI) effect;
- Conservation of resources through energy and water cycles as well as recycling of waste (composting).