Be a volunteer with the Catholic Relief Services.
CRS Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program is a USAID funded 5-year program (July 2018 – June 2023) that will provide technical assistance from United States (U.S) volunteers to farmers, farmer groups (cooperatives and associations), agribusinesses and other agriculture sector institutions. The program objectives are to facilitate economic growth within targeted agriculture sub-sectors, enhance subsector inclusiveness to expand participation to a broader range of individuals and communities and to increase the American public’s understanding of international development issues and US international development programs. F2F program will assist in agriculture development, commodity value chain competitiveness and firm upgrading by providing technical assistance to introduce new technologies, innovations and development of local capacity for more productive, profitable, sustainable and equitable agriculture systems.
Volunteers are expected to demonstrate the following skills and undertake the following objectives among others:
- Demonstrated experience in climate smart agriculture especially on conservation agriculture, efficient water management techniques, and small-scale irrigation;
- Experience training adults, community development workers or members of a community-based organization;
- Good communicator and interpersonal communication skills;
- Willing to work under Ethiopian context;
- Gap analysis on existing irrigation and conservation agriculture practices (might need 2-3 days field visit);
- Train on small-scale irrigation techniques (flood and motor-based irrigation techniques and practices, operation, maintenance and sustainability issues);
- Train on the concept and practices of climate smart agriculture suitable for Ethiopian rift valley communities.
Hope to see you soon.