Be a volunteer for Crop Modelling in Ethopia.
CRS Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program is a USAID funded 5-year program (July 2018 – June 2023) that will provide technical assistance from United States (U.S) volunteers to farmers, farmer groups (cooperatives and associations), agribusinesses and other agriculture sector institutions. The program objectives are to facilitate economic growth within targeted agriculture sub-sectors, enhance subsector inclusiveness to expand participation to a broader range of individuals and communities and to increase the American public’s understanding of international development issues and US international development programs. F2F program will assist in agriculture development, commodity value chain competitiveness and firm upgrading by providing technical assistance to introduce new technologies, innovations and development of local capacity for more productive, profitable, sustainable and equitable agriculture systems.
The objective of this assignment is to strengthen the knowledge and skill gap of the host staffs and agronomists on crop modeling and role of it on crop productivity and production enhancement.
Volunteers are expected to demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies among others:
- Advanced and extensive practical knowledge and experience on Crop modeling and simulation.
- Experience in crop modeling curriculum development and developing training materials
- Experience in adult training and technical assistance
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including analytical skills
- Respect the cultural and religious norms of the rural people.
Hope to see you soon.