BiodivERsA Launched its 2019-2020 Call for Research Proposals on "Biodiversity and Climate Change”
BiodivERsA is a network of 39 agencies and ministries from 24 European countries programming and funding pan-European research on biodiversity and ecosystem services on a competitive basis. It is an ERA-NET Co-fund, funded under the EU’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
This call will cover the following four non-exclusive themes:
- Consequences of climate change on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Climate-biodiversity feedback processes
- Potential of nature-based solutions for mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Synergies and trade-offs between policies on biodiversity, climate and other relevant sectors, and the role of agents of change
Research teams will be invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible partners from minimum 3 countries participating in the call (including minimum two from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
For applicants from the overseas: provided the criterion above is met (Partners from at least two different EU Member States or Associated Countries participating in the call), for proposals including Partners from outermost regions and overseas countries and territories participating in the call, if two outermost regions and overseas countries and territories are from the same country, these are counted as two participating countries (for the criteria: at least three different countries).
The research proposals will be evaluated across the following criteria:
- Fit to the scope of the call, novelty of the research and transnational added value;
- Excellence, quality and efficiency of the implementation and impact (including expected policy and/or societal impact and approach to stakeholder engagement).