Call for submission of papers: International Soil Congress
Call for papers! This is a cordial invitation to participate in the International Congress on "Successful Transformation toward Land Degradation Neutrality (Future Perspective)" in commemoration of the 25th Anniversary of the coming into force of the United Nations Conventions to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), to be held in Ankara, TURKEY, 17-19 June 2019.
The objective of this congress is to create a unique ground (platform) by bringing broad groups of senior scientists, academicians, experts, policy makers, young researchers and students from different national and international institutions to analyze the current and the future trends of soil and land resources; establish new policies based on the principles of land degradation neutrality and finally create a universal message for the sustainable use of world soil and land resources.
Main Topics to be addressed include, among many others:
- Successful transformation of agricultural sector for LDN: focusing to enhance the soil health in the food production chain;
- Successful transformation of forest sector for LDN: focus on preventing forest loss;
- Integrated planning approaches for sustainable use of land/soil resource;
- Unlocking the investment for LDN;
- Role of Gender in LDN to achieve the SDG;
- Sustainable value chains for land degradation neutrality.