Documentary on Land Degradation Neutrality and Ecosystem Restoration in Kenya
The United Nations Developmet Programme is seeking the services of a National iNdividual Consultant to develop a documentary on Land Degradation Neutrality and Ecosystem Restoration in Kenya, under the Biodiversity and Ecosystems Services Network (BES-Net)National Consultant to develop a documentary on Land Degradation Neutrality and Ecosystem Restoration in Kenya, under the Biodiversity and Ecosystems Services Network (BES-Net).
Land degradation, desertification and drought are significant and growing barriers to sustainable
development as the impacts of climate change and environmental degradation influence human health,
productivity, and resilience for billions of people. These challenges are applicable to Kenya to a large extent.
The country’s subsistence and national economy, foreign exchange and significant portion of GDP depend
on agriculture and agro-based industries, tourism, water resources and hydropower. Despite this reality,
Kenya faces many environmental challenges that include deforestation, soil erosion, land degradation,
desertification, loss of biodiversity, water scarcity and pollution from industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual arts, filmmaking or a related field
- At least 5 years of documented work experience in graphic illustration, documentary filmmaking, writing, producing, directing and editing
- Experience and knowledge of documentary filmmaking and editing software, including Adobe Photoshop, Aftereffects, Premiere Pro, Toon Boom or any other relevant software, and access to high-quality filming, light, sound and editing equipments
- Past experience with the United Nations or other renowned international organizations is an asset
- Knowledge of the United Nations, Sustainable Development Goals and the global processes on the key themes of environment, biodiversity conservation, pollination, food security, land degradation, etc
- Experience in working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, engaging multiple stakeholders and driving to alignment and action are desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, a good understanding of Swahili is an asset.