E-learning Course - The Economics of Agro-Food Value Chains
In this course, you learn how the agro-food value chain approaches the challenge of constantly improving its competitiveness by producing high quality food and products and also aiming to attain greater sustainability.
This course is taught by a group of international experts from Universities in Italy, Germany, Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands. Each of them will give you insights into a specific topic related to food quality and the organization of the agro-food value chains.
Some of the topics of this course are:
- The notion of quality for food and agricultural products and consumer value;
- How to conduct market research in this field;
- Labelling, branding and pricing strategies, as-well as innovation in the agro-food sector;
- How sustainability can be used as a competitive advantage through corporate social responsibility;
- The different forms of coordination in the chain, in particular with regard to the retailing and distribution sector.