An e-learning course on forest and climate change
This introductory E-learning course focuses on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation and Conserving and Enhancing Forest Carbon Stocks (REDD+)
Essential aspects of the technical, political, financial, social, and environmental issues related to REDD+ are taught here.
Once the course is completed, users will be able to, among others:
- Define and describe REDD+;
- Identify and describe the main elements of REDD+;
- Define and describe MRV (Measurement, Reporting, and Verification);
- Identify and describe international policy concerns and issues related to REDD+;
- Identify and describe the potential social benefits and risks of REDD+;
- Identify and describe the potential environmental benefits and risks of REDD+.