A great volunteer opportunity in forestry!
Interested in forest conservation? The Pupu Rangi Nature Sanctuary welcomes you to this place of learning: about the forest and its creatures, about conservation, about what is important in life, and about yourself. You will be challenged on many fronts: living off-the-grid, working in a dense rainforest forest, questioning the need for many of the things that we take for granted.
This program has three components:
- The conservation work in the forest;
- The physical work around the sanctuary;
- The sightseeing around the region.
Some of the tasks will include, among others:
- Cutting and marking tracks;
- Kiwi, kokako, and rodent monitoring;
- Weed control and planting of native plants;
- Data entry.