Integrated Water Resource Management and Climate Change Course
Water is a key component of development. The course offers a broad-based coverage of the principles and practices of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM). The IWRM is a process that promotes the coordinated development and management of water, land and related resources in order to maximize economic and social welfare in an equitable manner without compromising the sustainability of vital ecosystems.
The objectives of training are, among others:
- To enhance the knowledge and understanding about the concepts of Climate Change impact reality on water;
- To identify IWRM Strategies on Climate Change adaptation;
- Gain understanding on preparations for water scarcity or floods.
Some key courses in this program will be, among many others:
- Importance of water on economic development;
- Desertification abatement;
- Capacity Building & Planning for IWRM and Climate Change Adaptation for Sustainable Development.