International Consultancy: Final Evaluation: Advancing PNG’s NAP
The project document for the UNDP-supported GCF-financed project “Advancing Papua New Guinea’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP) for investment planning in four critical climate-sensitive sectors” was signed on 27 February 2020 by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Government of Papua New Guinea through the Climate Change Development Authority (CCDA). The project Inception Meeting kicked off in July 2020 and is currently in its last year of implementation.
The project has suffered delays when the state of emergency was enacted by the Government of Papua New Guinea on 23 March 2020 in response to the global COVID – 19 pandemic and detection of the first case in country.
The project is being implemented by UNDP in partnership with the Climate Change Development Authority representing the Government of Papua New Guinea. The project aims to advance effective adaptation planning in PNG with an overall objective to strengthen institutional and technical capacities for iterative development of NAP and effective integration of CCA into national and sub-national planning and budgeting processes.
Required Skills and Experience
Required Competencies and Qualifications of the Team Lead
- Minimum Master’s degree in climate change adaptation, natural resource management/ environmental management/ business/ public administration other related disciplines;
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working in Papua New Guinea or Asia Pacific Region
- Knowledge of UNDP and GEF/GCF monitoring and evaluation policies and guidelines
- Strong working knowledge of the UN and more specifically the work of UNDP in support of government;
- Sound knowledge of results-based management systems, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies; including experience in applying SMART (S Specific; M Measurable; A Achievable; R Relevant; T Time-bound) indicators;
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to gender and climate change adaptation
- Excellent reporting and communication skills