Internship for Communication/Media Students
The Public Relations and Information function of the Convention supports the Convention’s strategic communications, including curating the messages, outreach to the press and media community, designing advocacy campaigns, developing communication products, initiating, developing and managing media partnerships, online/web publishing, database management and development and organizing high-level media events. The combined skills of the interns will help to achieve the tasks below:
- Applying strategic planning, research and tactics to meet internal client needs in a multicultural environment where frequent client/team interaction is required in order to meet the information needs of a diverse and global information consumer;
- Preparing media materials, visual communication and graphic design for different media platforms targeting the press, including but not limited to news and short feature stories, opinions, factsheets, infographics and other multimedia products;
- Curating interesting stories that capture the public’s imagination drawing on effective market research strategies such as segmenting audiences, social media listening, digital analytics, etc.
- Developing practical information for different stakeholders of the Convention, including planning and preparing podcasts on agreed thematic issues;
- Designing effective strategies to enhance outreach to the media, including the messages, pitching stories, placement of articles, developing relevant information kits and organizing press events;
- Communication problem-solving through visuals by conceptualizing, (re)designing, laying out, editing and updating images and producing materials for the Convention’s print and digital platforms;
- Developing multimedia stories with sound story structures for presentation on the website and promotion through social media;
- Assisting in the design, execution and evaluation of suitable integrated advocacy campaigns for different internal clients.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration. Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.