MSc - Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security
This Master’s programme, which specifically addresses sustainable agriculture and food security, has been designed to be equally relevant to UK and overseas graduates, to those looking for intensive solutions or local, low tech solutions to food production. It is also of relevance to public administrations, international aid/funding agencies and business sectors.
This programme explores the dual challenges of food security and sustainable production strategies from a global to local perspective, namely:
- Balancing future demand and supply sustainably – to ensure that food supplies are affordable;
- Ensuring that there is adequate stability in food supplies – and protecting the most vulnerable from the volatility that does occur;
- Achieving global access to food and ending hunger. This recognises that producing enough food in the world so that everyone can potentially be fed is not the same thing as ensuring food security for all;
- Managing the contribution of the food system to the mitigation of climate change;
- Maintaining biodiversity and ecosystem services while feeding the world.