Multilevel Water Governance Training Course
From 10 to 21 September 2018, The Hague Academy for Local Governance will organize a two-week, practice-oriented training course to address water governance. Leading international experts and practitioners will provide unique insights into international best practices and water governance tools.
Participants will learn to actively apply the five building blocks required for sound water governance:
- Powerful administrative organisation;
- Legally embedded system;
- Adequate financing system and economic analyses of water services;
- Systematic planning approach;
- Participation of stakeholders.
This course will help to:
- Acquire the knowledge, concepts and principles of integrated, multilevel water governance;
- Identify instruments for increasing social and financial accountability of water management and water services;
- Increase insight in the legal, political and institutional framework affecting water governance in your context;
- Become acquainted with assessment tools and new approaches for dealing with the challenges of water governance;
- Broaden your knowledge of international best practices in the field of multilevel water governance.