“Municipal Green Growth Center” Associate
The project supports Kosovo municipalities in their transition towards zero emission development pathways by building on the results of the successful project “Urban NAMAs” in Prizren and extending it to sustainable rural development and the Municipality of Suharekë/Suva Reka. The goal is to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and contribute to carbon neutral development through an integrated and gender-sensitive approach of supporting informed decision-making through data, with increased focus on rural areas, the dynamics between rural and urban areas, social innovation and stakeholder platforms, food systems and financing to enable a green recovery from COVID-19.
This will be achieved through four outputs:
- Strengthened local capacities to set ambitious and achievable GHG reduction targets and take gender-responsive climate action
- Local capacities utilized to implement cross-sectoral and gender-responsive mitigation actions in the rural and urban areas of the municipalities of Prizren and Suharekë/Suva Reka and contributing to the reduction of GHG emissions
- Green transition and shift to sustainable development pathways advanced at municipal level through promotion of innovative financing
- Transition towards more sustainable food systems accelerated in the municipalities of Prizren and Suharekë/Suva Reka through mainly women-led initiatives
Min. Academic Education
- Secondary Education.
- BA degree in environmental sciences, climate change, energy, social studies, development studies or other relevant fields would be desired, but this is not a requirement.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience in providing coordination and technical assistance to institutional development.
- Alternatively, if in a possession of Bachelor's degree, two (2) years of relevant work experience in providing coordination and technical assistance to institutional development is required.
- Proven experience in project proposal developing.
- Familiarity with government structures in Kosovo, especially related to Climate Change and sustainable rural development.
Desired additional skills and competencies
Experience working with International Organizations is an asset.
- Fluency English (writen and spoken)
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills in English and Albanian
- Knowledge of Serbian language is an asset.