Save the date to attend the Network Meeting 2019 of SDG Graduate Schools.
The German-Ethiopian SDG-Graduate School entitled ‘Climate change effects on food security’ (CLIFOOD) aims at empowering young academics of HEIs on the African continent focusing on SDGs 1,2,3,4,13,15 &17. Main objective of CLIFOOD is the education of African students at the (post) doctorate level to address the threats of climate change to food security in the Eastern African region.
The SDG Graduate School, established in 2016, targets on two main pillars:
- teaching and research
- capacity building
The following outputs are assigned to these two main pillars:
- Curricula for teaching modules (7 block seminars; 4 soft skill courses alternating at UHOH/HU) jointly designed, including ICT based methods;
- Young scientists received a scholarship: 12 long term PHDs, Up to 2 Postdocs;
- Contacts to relevant employers and stakeholders established;
- HU employees have requisite qualifications for administrating the project;
- A joint framework for research oriented SDG training developed;
- HU teaching staff have the requisite specialist and didactic qualifications: participation in qualification program.
Register and be a part of this experience.