Scholarships for Master's Programmes in Flanders
VLIR-UOS supports partnerships between universities and university colleges in Flanders (Belgium) and the South looking for innovative responses to global and local challenges.
You can apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requirements:
- A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 31 eligible countries at the time of the application.
- The maximum age for a master programme candidate is 35 for an initial master and 40 for an advanced master.
- Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or who aim at a career in one of these sectors.
- The Master programme candidate has never received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a master programme or was never enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution to attend a master programme.
If you meet all the criteria, have a look at the selected master programmes (15). Via the university’s website, you will have to apply for both admission to the programme as well as for the scholarship itself. It is important to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship while applying for the programme.
Some of the selected master's programmes:
- Master of Rural Development (UGent)
- Master of Water Resources Engineering (KU Leuven, VUB)
- Master of Sustainable Territorial Development (KU Leuven)
- Master of Agro-and Environmental Nematology (UGent)
- Master of Aquaculture (IMAQUA) (UGent)