Senior Institutional Carbon Management Specialist
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Work & Volunteer
AIIB is looking for an Institutional Carbon Management Specialist to develop and lead AIIB's institutional carbon emission management (ICEM) framework and actions to improve AIIB’s capability in terms of its internal sustainability.
GHG Footprint Monitoring, Reporting and Verification
- Establish guide to AIIB’s institutional GHG emission inventory management.
- Maintain AIIB’s climate data management online system.
- Deliver verified AIIB’s annual carbon emission assessments.
- Deliver annual reports on ICEM to highlight AIIB’s contribution to sustainability.
- Lead in tracking international best practices of peer organizations and international trends, acting as the repository of knowledge of sustainability best practices within AIIB.
- Lead in testing the possibility to reduce AIIB scope 1 and 2 emissions as soon as possible and in a cost-effective way. Design AIIB's carbon footprint reduction pathway and implement carbon emission reduction projects and initiatives according to the pathway.
- Lead, in coordination with the Bank’s relevant units and service providers, the implementation of ICEM and advancing the sustainability of AIIB’s institutional operations up to the international standards and best practice.
- Organize training sessions for Bank employees and related counterparts to raise awareness and share knowledge and information on carbon management.
- Engage with Bank employees, clients, service providers and promote the culture of sustainability.
International Climate Data Methodology Development
- Participate and present in the workshops. Collaborate with other MDBs, IFIs, and global organizations on joint methodology.
- Other related functions as required.
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences, sustainable energy, carbon management or other related fields;
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in climate change technical areas with a track record of working with GHG data, preferably focusing on institutional and internal operations;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Experience in successful delivery of capacity building training.
- Specializing in climate change data collection, data processing and analysis and development of databases, portals and transparent reporting systems and supporting the development and assessment of climate strategies, policies and action plans.
- Specializing in the compilation, reporting, and review of greenhouse gas emission inventories, emission projections and policies and measures for MDBs. A strong track record of project management and delivery including written reports, provision of datasets and delivery of presentations.
- Proven record of working experience in multinational organizations with international employees of diverse background similar to that of AIIB.
- Strong sense of teamwork.