Senior Manager Sustainable Finance
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 590 institutional investors with assets of over US$110 trillion, CDP leverages investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 13,000 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2021. This is in addition to more than 1,100 cities, states and regions that disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change.
CDP is seeking a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, varied, and autonomous environment to support the creation of thought leadership and to coordinate across CDP’s teams in the delivery of our sustainable finance strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact globally on how banks, insurers, and asset managers & owners respond to environmental risks across CDP’s three themes of Climate Change, Water and Forests; and how they align with best practices to meet the different goals of the Paris Agreement.
The successful candidate will utilize their specialist experience in environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) issues in the corporate sector, combined with their knowledge of the global finance sector, to support CDP’s thought leadership and insights creation to ensure that the finance sector takes the appropriate actions to align with the Paris Agreement. This work will include research, data analysis, stakeholder outreach, and thought leadership. The role requires the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within CDP and externally, as well as an understanding of the relevant external players and standards in the finance sector. This role sits within CDP’s Climate Change team, as part of our Environmental Practice, sitting within the Impact Department and provides a critical contribution to CDP’s mission. The role holder will report directly to CDP’s Associate Director for Climate Change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to CDP’s thought leadership on how the finance sector can best align with Paris Agreement and other relevant issues relating to the environment, specifically around the thematic issues of water security and deforestation, and help in identifying emerging cross-thematic relevant issues;
- Leading and supporting CDP’s content creation and presentations in a concise and compelling manner, both in terms of reports and speaking engagements.;
- Coordinating with CDP’s Disclosure teams and supporting the continued evolution of our financial sector related questionnaire, reporting and scoring methodologies for financial institutions;
- Helping CDP grow the business case for urgent action on Climate, Water Security, and Forests as well as their emerging cross-cutting issues such as adaptation, resilience and biodiversity in the finance sector;
- Acting as an expert in the financial services sector within CDP’s broader environmental practice department and with CDP’s stakeholders, such as investors, banks, and companies;
- Actively coordinating with other CDP teams regionally and globally to engage efficiently and in an organized manner with stakeholders.
- Research and data analysis on outputs from CDP’s financial sector related questionnaire to decipher insights emerging on how this sector is evolving on addressing environmental issues and lead internal capacity building and coherence around sustainable finance and its broader meaning and different, evolving standards and institutions emerging from global developments such as GFANZ and relation with existing standards such as PCAF.