Specialty Vegetable Production Manager
The Duncan Family Farms has as the primary responsibility, to produce clean, healthy, life-giving food. They are also committed to making a strong contribution to an improved environment and giving back to the community.
Duncan Family Farms is based in Goodyear, Arizona, and has ranches in multiple states across the United States.
The company is looking for a Herb & Specialty Vegetable Production Manager, that will perform vital functions of the operation in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, technically innovative and safely executed. The manager will be responsible for all aspects of the herb’s operations, including overseeing the herb development, managing the ground prep and planning process as well as executing the day to day harvest and post-harvest of the herbs.
The following qualifications are preferred to successfully accomplish this position:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in some sort of agriculture field of studies such as soil science, plant science, agronomy or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of Herb experience preferred and/or Organic Vegetable with planning, farming, harvesting, post-harvest and crop management;
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs and related protocols;
- Knowledge of pest management practices including disease and insect identification;
- An understanding of moisture levels for proper watering and fertilizing techniques;
- Ability to forecast harvest estimates and quality;