Take this free Course on Mangroves Biodiversity and Ecosystem
Along tropical coastlines, mangroves are vital for healthy ecosystems and human communities. Despite the significance of these habitats, in the last few decades they have been extensively degraded and cleared, often in the interest of economic growth.
The open-access Mangroves Course is designed to build expertise in:
- Mangrove biology;
- Assessment, management and restoration
Key modules include, among others:
- Introduction to Mangroves;
- Ecosystem Structure & Function;
- Mangroves and Climate Change;
- Mangrove Restoration and Afforestation;
- Economic Valuation for Mangrove Conservation.