Training and Research Officer needed!
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) welcomes applications for the position of Training and Research Officer based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The overall objective of this Program is to strengthen capacity and catalyse investment in the forest sector to spearhead the implementation of the forestry component Today’s forestry operations in Ethiopia need skills to manage forests for their multiple benefits, including conservation, provision of ecosystem services and forest products, adaptations to and mitigation of climate change.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, among many others:
- The Officer is expected to work with a team of forestry, soil and water conservation, socio-economic;
- Liaise across colleges and training centres, track delivery, and overall impact towards forest sector;
- Regularly host coordination meetings with partnering Colleges;
- Maintain strong coordination mechanism to facilitate research as well as support trainings;
- Participate in the forest sector’s strategic issues;
- Provide support to consultants or partner institutions contracted for training and research;
- Manage and monitor the programme risks as initially identified in the Program.