UNV is looking for a Volunteer to support to the UNEP Montevideo Subregional Office
UN Volunteers (UNV)
Work & Volunteer
The international UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Technical advisory;
- Supporting the management of UN Environment projects/initiatives;
- Liaising with governments and other stakeholders to identify needs, partnership opportunities and champions of the environmental agenda;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- A first-level university degree in environmental sciences, business, economics, engineering or communications. Master’s degree on a sustainable development area or equivalent, or qualifying experience that might be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 4 years at the national level, or 2 years at the international level in sustainable development related area.
- Experience with processing data and statistic indicators.
- Strong analytical skills.