WeForest is looking for the Head of Global Programs
WeForest is an international non-profit association headquartered in Belgium and with current projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Tanzania, and Zambia. Its mission is to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest and landscapes for the climate, the people and the planet. WeForest promotes scientific evidence for the ways in which forests contribute to climate change mitigation beyond their impacts as stocks of carbon, by increasing water availability, enhancing local cooling and improving rural livelihood and resilience.
- In collaboration with the management team, lead the definition of the projects’ overall strategy, taking input from the field into account.
- Accountable for leading and supporting all aspects of the countries’ strategic plans.
- Responsible for coaching and empowering the programs team’s needs and performance, in close coordination with HR.
- As part of the management team, demonstrate exemplarity in work ethics and WeForest’s values.
- Accountable for the delivery of existing and approved new projects according to agreed timelines and technical standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Substantial senior leadership experience with track record in successfully managing complex projects and remote teams in developing countries. NGO experience, as well as forestry or carbon knowledge, is a plus.