You can be this Ph.D. candidate
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences - Department of Soil and Environment develops the scientific evidence for sustainable soil and land management in agriculture, forestry and urban environments. The programme includes research, higher education training and collaborations in partnership with private, policy and public sector actors, for sustainable and productive soil and land management in line with food security, environmental sustainability strategies, climate agreements and Agenda 2030.
To be eligible the ideal candidate must:
- Have an MSc (or equivalent) in soil science, geology, engineering with application to natural resource management (soil-water-environment), agricultural sciences, hydrology, environmental sciences or similar subjects:
- Be with keen interest into the interdisciplinary research of physical and hydrological processes in the soil-crop-atmosphere continuum;
- Have experience in data (knowledge) management, statistics, GIS, programming and/or simulation modelling is desirable. Interest in field and /or laboratory work is an advantage;
- Emphasis will be placed on the relevance and quality of the degree project in relation to the advertised position;
- Be able to work both individually with discipline, and contribute to the team;
- Provide documentation of ability to communicate in written and oral English.