Use of maps
The boundaries and names shown and the designations used on this map do not imply official endorsement or acceptance by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) and the United Nations. Care was taken in the creation of this map. The UNCCD, its staff and contractors cannot accept any responsibility for errors, omissions, or positional accuracy or be held responsible for any damages due to errors or omissions in these maps. Depiction of boundaries is not authoritative. There are no warranties, expressed or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, accompanying these maps. However, notification of any errors will be appreciated.The background maps shown are not a part of the UNCCD data, they are channeled directly from the provider.
These pages may contain links and references to third-party web-sites. The UNCCD secretariat provides these links only as a convenient service. The inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by the UNCCD secretariat.
Use of translation tools
The UNCCD Knowledge Hub offers translations of the content through Google Translate. Because Google Translate is an external website, the UNCCD secretariat does not control the quality or accuracy of translated content. Google Translate is a free, automated service that relies on data and technology to provide its translations. The Google Translate feature is provided for informational purposes only. Translations cannot be guaranteed as exact or without the inclusion of incorrect or inappropriate language. Google Translate is a third-party service and site users will be leaving The UNCCD Knowledge Hub to utilize translated content. As such, the UNCCD secretariat cannot guarantee or claim responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, or performance of this service nor the limitations provided by this service, Users should consult the original English content on the UNCCD Knowledge Hub if there are any questions about the translated content.
The UNCCD Knowledge Hub provides Google Translate as an online tool for its users, but the UNCCD secretariat does not directly endorse the website or imply that it is the only solution to users. All site visitors may choose to use similar tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk.
Capacity Building Marketplace
This website was established and is owned, operated, maintained and managed by the UNCCD secretariat in accordance with its mandate to support capacity building activities as granted by the Convention. It strives to be the central point and exchange for all knowledge, resources and activities related to capacity building within the framework of the UNCCD. The site forms an integral part of the secretariat’s website as well as its Comprehensive Communication Strategy and knowledge management system.
All users of and visitors to this website are advised as follows:
- This site was developed and is operated and maintained as a service to UNCCD Parties and all who have an interest in the efficacious implementation of the Convention. The secretariat bears no responsibility for contractual or other arrangements that users of this service might enter into with third Parties.
- The UNCCD secretariat retains exclusive rights regarding: the content it places on this site, when and how it is placed, and when it shall be removed.
- Only the secretariat will vet and determine the suitability of all information placed on this site.
- Useful, authentic, relevant and up to date information concerning and promoting capacity building is welcome from all sources, including from public, private, civil society organization or any other credible source.
- All information, exercises and other content concerning capacity building offered by any other entity other than that content organized and offered within the United Nations system, once placed on this page automatically carries a disclaimer from the UNCCD secretariat regarding that content's quality, contents and the delivering agency.
- No information shall be placed on the site if any uncertainty exists regarding its authenticity or the authenticity of the entity providing the said information.
- Where information coming from an external source can be found on the Internet, this site shall only carry a short introduction of the same while providing an external link, so that interested parties may access the information directly from the source’s page or site.
- Links and references on this site to non-UN third-party websites and pages are provided as a service in keeping with the objectives of this Marketplace. Their inclusion in no way implies the secretariat’s endorsement, recommendation or support of the contents they offer, or of the entities promoting the same.
- Users of and visitors to this site accept that the secretariat only provides the services of a marketplace by bringing requests and offers together in one common space. The secretariat is in no way liable nor bears any responsibility for the relations third Parties decide to establish therein.
- All users of the services offered by this site and visitors to the same accept that all decisions made by the secretariat concerning the placement of information on this site; operation of this site; or any other matter relating to the site shall be final.