Overview of LDN Targets
LDN national target:
• By the year 2040, the Carbon stock lost between 2000 and 2010 will be recovered and increased by 2,8% in relation to present.
Means to achieve the LDN national target:
• Stop cropland degradation and apply agro ecology (conservation and modern “organic” technology);
• Reforest 2/3 of the degraded land;
• Stop deforestation and improve forest management in 100% of the national territory;
• Stop overgrazing and improve grassland management in 100% of the national territory.