Overview of LDN Targets
Main LDN target for the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina:
• Improve land quality and protection and restore degraded land functions in specific ecosystems or minimize adverse environmental impacts.
LDN sub-targets for the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina:
• Land management in support of environmental protection and spatial planning system;
• Establish a basis for harmonious and spatially balanced socio-economic development, with a focus on marginalized and degraded areas.
LDN target for the Republic of Srpska:
• Increased land productivity on 7% of the territory by 2030:
- The area of forests and forest lands of the Republic of Srpska to reach 53% by 2030;
- Increased productivity of forests and forest lands of the Republic of Srpska to 5.50% of total territory by 2030;
- Increased productivity of agricultural land to 1.50% of the total territory by 2030;
- Soil erosion remains at zero level until 2030;
- Increased percentage of protected areas in the Republic of Srpska by 2030;
- Reduction of mined areas for 25% compared to the total mined area in the Republic of Srpska;
- Rehabilitation of fire-affected sites.
LDN targets for Brčko District:
• Increase of afforested areas by 2030;
• Increase productivity of agricultural land through measures to combat drought and floods by 2030;
• Decrease of mined areas (80% by 2030).