Overview of LDN Targets
LDN at the national scale:
• LDN is to be achieved by 2030 as compared to 2015 and an additional 20 % of the national territory has improved (net gain).
LDN at the sub-national scale:
• LDN is to be achieved in the following regions by 2030 as compared to 2015 (no net loss) and an additional 20% of the following regions has improved (net gain): South western region, South East region, South Southern region, North western region, North Eastern region, North Central region, Imeko Game Reserve of Imeko/Afo LGA, Ogun state, Aworo Forest Reserve of Yewa North LGA, Ogun state, Saki of Saki East LGA, Oyo state, Ilesha Ibaruba of Baruten LGA, Ejeba of Ughilli North LGA, Delta, Oroma-Etiti of Anambra west LGA, Anambra state, Orishaeze of Ngor-Okpalla LGA, Imo state, Ifiang Nsung of Bakasi LGA, Cross Rivers, Badoko of Kachia LGA, Kaduna state, Amba of Nsarawa LGA, Nasarawa state, Banaga of Anka LGA, Zamfara State.
Specific targets to avoid, minimize and reverse land degradation:
• Improve land productivity and soil organic carbon stocks (SOC) in 463,300 hectares of cropland and grasslands by 2030 as compared to 2015;
• Rehabilitate 1,722,660 ha of cropland showing declining land productivity and 10,565,040 ha of cropland showing early signs of declining land productivity by 2030;
• Halt the conversion of forests and wetlands to other land cover classes by 2020;
• Increase forest cover by 20% by 2030 as compared to 2015;
• Reduce the rate of soil sealing (conversion to artificial land cover) by 40% by 2030 as compared to 2015.