Overview of LDN Targets
The Philippines seeks to achieve Land Degradation Neutrality by 2030, with the following targets. Attain Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) in:
• At least 60% (4.05 M ha) of degraded forest, shrubland, and wetlands by 2030 and achieve the balance by 2040.
• At least 50% (2.2 M ha) of degraded croplands by 2030 and achieve the balance by 2040.
• Attain LDN in five (5) Pilot River Basins.
• Strengthen consensus-based stewardship of protected areas and ancestral domains.
• Improve Soil Organic Carbon (SOC) in chemically degraded agricultural areas.
• Improve urban resilience to Climate Change and Drought by preventing further forest conversion in key watersheds and wetlands.
• Limit conversion to artificial land -- only 5% of cropland particularly in key target areas/watersheds.
• Sustain positive trends in land management (reversion from cropland to forests) particularly in key watersheds.