Overview of LDN Targets
• Maintain forest cover through sustainable management of forest and biodiversity over and area of 287 Km2 (2,870 ha);
• Maintain and restore coastal wetlands and mangroves forests over an area of 7.93 Km2 (793 ha);
• Expand and promote good/smart agricultural/agronomic measures and practises over an area of 6.82 Km2) (682 ha);
• Apply effective LDN and SLM/ land use planning and contain urban/artificial areas within an overall area of 56.6 Km2 (5660 ha);
• Put in place an LDN monitoring system (GIS & Remote Sensing) and develop adequate human resources skills at the national level to continuously assess and review the land use/cover carrying capacity/LDN measures of each sector annually to achieve LDN.