Institute of Agriculture of the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences
2Б Mashynobudivna Street
National Scientific Centre 'Institute of Agriculture of the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences' history started in 1900 with the creation of agrochemical laboratory Kiev Society of agriculture and agricultural industry to meet the needs of existing owners, conducted analyzes of soil samples and seeds will help increase agriculture. During the Stolypin agrarian reform for the first time in Tsarist laboratory soil mapping was carried out 22 districts. After the Civil War, it was examined soil zone beet-and bavovnosiyannya. In 1928, the lab was transformed into the Ukrainian Research Institute of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science, which in 1935 renamed the Ukrainian Research Institute of socialist agriculture. His team has developed a scientifically based classification of soil granulometric composition, defined the nature and properties of colloidal parts and water-physical properties. The results of the late 40’s – early 50’s formed the basis for designing and South Krasnoznam’yanskoho main channels in the area of irrigation and hydroelectric Kahovskoy development of agriculture on irrigated land. In the years 1957-1961 the Institute conducted the comprehensive survey of soil Kyiv, Rivne and Chernihiv regions, prepared for farm soil maps of these areas (with the characteristics of their properties and their recommendations for improvement). Institute of processed high-performance scientific basis of agriculture, developed a theoretical basis for the creation of crop rotation, optimizing seed wedge, principles of anti-erosion measures of soil and its fertilization.