Institute for Soil Science and Agrochemistry Research
4 Chaikovs'ka Street
Nowadays, the Institute is a leading science- and methodology center that manages and coordinates relevant R&D activities for problems of soil science, agrochemistry and soils protection for over twenty entities of National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine, Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. The Institute is a head entity in Ukraine relevant to problems of soil science, agrochemistry and soils protection, enlisting 175 employees, including three Academicians, one NAAS Corresponding Member, ten Doctors and thirty-one Candidates.
Efforts of the Institute experts and specialists have been focused on solving the first-priority fundamental and applied objectives aimed at:
- Elaborating and incrementing systematic knowledge, as well as classification, regionalization and mapping of Ukrainian soils;
- Diagnostics of soils' agro-eco-status by aid of methods of multi-spectrum scanning & radio-location;
- Studies for regional features and laws of agro-genous evolution of soils;
- Theoretical and practical routes of soils fertility management;
- Measures for soils protection against erosion, deflation and tehno-genous pollution;
- Creation of up-to-date information & analytical structure for eco-friendly fertilization of agricultures in all variety of soil-climatic areas of Ukraine.