The European Commission has launched a new Knowledge Centre for Global Food and Nutrition Security
In line with the EU global commitment to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and the 2016 Commission Communication on Data, Information and Knowledge Management, the European Commission is launching the Knowledge Centre for Global Food and Nutrition Security (KC-FNS). This Knowledge Centre aims to improve actions to reduce food insecurity and malnutrition in food insecure third countries. It will, on one hand, gather, synthetise and facilitate access to Commission’s knowledge regarding food and nutrition security. It will also make the latest innovative solutions and research insights available for a more efficient action.
See all EU Knowledge Centres
- Knowledge Centre on Migration and Demography - We support EU migration and demography policies with research, data catalogues, networks and knowledge managemen
- Knowledge Centre for Bioeconomy - We offer knowledge management for bioeconomy-related policy making with relevant publications and data catalogues.
- Competence Centre on Composite Indicators and Scoreboards- Our expertise on statistical methodologies and in developing sound composite indicators provides policy-makers with the ‘big picture’ for informed policy decisions and progress monitoring.
- Disaster Risk Management Knowledge Centre- We provide a networked approach to the science-policy interface in Disaster Risk Management (DRM), across the EU Commission, Member States and the DRM community worldwide.
- Knowledge Centre for Food Fraud and Quality- We produce and make sense of scientific information to protect the authenticity and quality of food supplied in the EU.
- Competence Centre on Foresight – Megatrends Hub- Megatrends are long-term driving forces that are observable now and will most likely have significant influence on the future. This Hub is a dynamic collaborative repository of information and resources on the main megatrends shaping our world.
- Competence Centre on Microeconomic Evaluation- We advise EU policy making through ex-post causal evaluation and data-driven microeconomic analysis
- Knowledge Centre for Global Food and Nutrition Security- We support the EU global commitment to end hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition through a dedicated, reinforced science-policy interface and a fostered inter-policy dialogue.
- Knowledge Centre for Territorial Policies- We support EU policymaking through better knowledge management on territorial (urban and regional) related issues.
- Competence Centre on Text Mining and Analysis- We use text mining and analysis tools to extract information from online data, including traditional or social media, or from large public or proprietary document