Primer on Sustainable Development
Further to its aim of making the sustainable development agenda accessible and comprehensible to a wide range of audiences, the UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development has launched a Primer on Sustainable Development.
This 2-page document serves as an entry-point to understanding the 2030 Agenda. The primer explains what the agenda is about, provides a brief description of the historical process that led to its adoption, and explains the core principles underlying the agenda, its 5 dimensions, the sustainable development goals as well as their interlinkages.
Foundational Course on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
8 May – 9 Jun 2017 (5 weeks) | Online
This fourth and updated edition of the foundational course will equip you with a sound understanding of the concept of sustainable development as well as the vision and principles of Agenda 2030. It explores the three pillars of sustainable development while taking a look at the inter-linkages between climate change, planetary boundaries, social inclusion and human rights. More info
Communicating as One on Sustainable Development
16 May – 18 May 2017 (3 days) | Bonn, Germany | For UN staff only
A course designed for UN staff to discuss the core principles of the Communicating as One pillar as well as wider approaches to communicating the 2030 Agenda. This course will strengthen your outreach and advocacy skills, as well as your capacity to highlight the results achieved by the UN and other stakeholders at the country level in the context of the 2030 Agenda. More info
Close the Loop – SDG 12 Online Course
22 May – 30 Jun 2017 (6 weeks) | Online
This course will help you analyse and put into practice sustainable production and consumption practices, and understand the relevance of sustainable business models and sustainable lifestyles for the overall 2030 Agenda. This course is created in partnership with the collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP) - an international non-profit created jointly by UN Environment and the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy. More info
Measurements for Effective Results-Based Management
5 Jun – 14 Jul 2017 (6 weeks) | Online | For UN staff only
Delivered in partnership with the ROI Institute (USA), this six-week online course enables effective RBM in UN system organizations by enhancing staff competencies in designing, monitoring and evaluating projects and programs. It will enable participants to enhance their skills in data retrieval and analysis, reporting results, and using data to manage performance. This course is open to UN and UN-affiliated staff involved in project and programme management, results-based management officers, and monitoring and evaluation specialists. More info
- Learn about Sustainable Development in less than 4 minutes! Watch our explainer video. Want to develop an explainer video for your country team, agency or organization? Please send us an sustainable-development [at] unssc.org (subject: Query%20about%20Explainer%20Video) (email).
- For a complete list of our course offerings, please see our 2017 course overview.
- To know more about us, please have a look at our brochure. For print versions on stone paper, kindly email sustainable-development [at] unssc.org.
- Do you have ideas or suggestions? Do you want a customised training for your team or organization? Please send us an sustainable-development [at] unssc.org (email).
- We also invite you to follow us on Twitter @UNSSCBonn.