Sustainability open access journal: Special Issue "Impacts of Land Tenure Systems on Land Use Sustainability"
Security of land tenure can be described as the entire set of uses and transfer rights of the land, which could be allocated to individuals, households, groups, and communities. Land tenure insecurity can put sustainability at great risk. An insecure land tenure system and non-accessible formal land use rights documentation can lead to poverty creation by lowering agricultural productivity, low security in investing in land, and poor land use management.
The current land tenure system remains a big challenge in many developing countries due to poor land governance, lack of attention to food security, and improving agricultural productivity. Accordingly, having a secure land tenure system is crucial for sustainable land use management. National land development and economic growth policies in many developing countries are not in line with agricultural activities, particularly in rural areas. It is therefore important to examine multidimensional impacts of land tenure systems on sustainable land use.
This Special Issue aims to create a multidisciplinary forum addressing the effects of secure and insecure land tenure systems on land use change and management that can either end in land use development (sustainability) or land use degradation (unsustainability). The Special Issue will, therefore, try to explore the main sustainability impacts (i.e., social, economic, and environmental aspects) of different land tenure systems.
This Special Issue of Sustainability is seeking papers that can demonstrate the sustainability effects of in/secure land tenure systems. A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050). This special issue belongs to the section "Sustainable Agriculture".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2020).
Read the first 12 papers submitted HERE ..among which :
- Does Land Tenure Systems Affect Sustainable Agricultural Development?
- Impact of Land Use/Cover Changes on Soil Erosion in Western Kenya
- Land Tenure Insecurity Constrains Cropping System Investment in the Jordan Valley of the West Bank
- Impact of Land Use Rights on the Investment and Efficiency of Organic Farming
- The Effect of Labor Migration on Farmers’ Cultivated Land Quality Protection
- Impact of Land Certification on Sustainable Land Use Practices: Case of Gozamin District, Ethiopia