Youth and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
The World Youth Report on “Youth and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, prepared by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), examines the mutually supportive roles of the new agenda and current youth development efforts. The report provides insight into the role of young people in sustainable development in the context of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and related frameworks, in particular, the Addis Ababa Action Agenda of the Third International Conference on Financing for Development and the World Programme of Action for Youth.
The Report considers the role the 2030 Agenda can play in enhancing youth development efforts and examines how evidence-based youth policies can help accelerate youth-related objectives. It explores the critical role young people have in the implementation of sustainable development efforts at all levels.
Download the Full Report (PDF)
- Chapter 1: Youth and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Chapter 2: Youth Education
- Chapter 3: Youth Employment
- Chapter 4: Youth Education and Employment: Exploring the Nexus
- Chapter 5: Where’s the Evidence?
- Chapter 6: Youth Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Statistical Annex